Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bancroft 24th of July

 
 
 

 



 The 24th of July would not be the same without going to Bancroft. I think I have went almost every year since I was born. They have a parade every year that starts at 10:00 a.m. It is one of the biggest parades I have ever seen especially for a small town like Bancroft, Idaho. They best part is when you think the parade is over there it is coming  back down the parade route. You get your fill of Bit-o-Honey, Tootsie Rolls and Saltwater Taffy to last until Halloween. After the parade we go watch the rodeo usually because a few people we know are in it or one of our kids. Jace and Jaspur have both rode sheep and calves there. This year Jace rode a steer. I was  so proud of him he almost rode the whole 8 seconds. I take a picture almost every year of the kids fast asleep before we even make it on the Highway to head home. Such a fun day with friends, family, rodeo, and of course the over dose of sugar. They are extremely tuckered out. I know there will a time when I won't be able to come and celebrate the 24th in Bancroft but I will have such fond memories.    

No comments: